Hawk’s View- September 6, 2019
What an amazing first week. There is something incredible about the energy in a junior high. It is exciting to be back and we hope your children had a great start-up as well. We have had a few days to look at all written requests and hope to start making changes early next week. We will finish with all changes by September 13.
Student transportation has now moved all of the busses to the southside of Colwill (by the pump house), which leaves the bus lane beside the school open for pick up and drop off in the morning and after school. Hopefully, this helps in keeping traffic moving. Please be reminded there is still no
U-turns on Colwill.
Meet the Staff
We will be having our Meet the staff event on Wednesday, September 18th from 4:30-5: 30 pm. We have called in some food trucks, Purple Perogy, Starvin Marvin, Go Nuts 4 Donuts, and an ice cream cart will be at the school. We are looking forward to meeting you.
School Council The first meeting will be at 6:00 p.m. in the library on September 18th after our Meet the Staff. All parents are welcome. Please come and be involved in the decisions we are making here at the school.
Upcoming Dates and Information
- September 26- Awards for 2018-2019 School Year. Invitations will be sent out
- September 30 – Orange Shirt Day. This is an opportunity for First Nations, local governments, schools and communities to come together in the spirit of reconciliation and hope for generations of children to come. We are encouraging our staff and students to come together and support this worthwhile cause. Any orange shirts are great!
- October 2nd- Early Dismissal
- October 11- Professional Development Day (No school for students)
- October 14- Thanksgiving (School closed)
- September 8-14, 2019
- Terry Fox run for all students. We are collecting donations, a suggested amount is $2
- Hawks Nest is officially open with food sales at lunch and break
- Pizza day for lunch $2 a slice
We hope you all have a wonderful weekend ~Jessica