2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey Results Report
The results are now available for the 2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 21 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan:
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 3,713 responses from parents and guardians across the Division. This was an increase in responses from 2,918 in the previous year.
The survey results for F.R. Haythorne Jr. High have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- Numeracy skill development.
- Understandings of First nations, Metis and Inuit history and culture.
- Staff care about students in our school.
Opportunities for growth:
- Literacy skill development.
- Teaching knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for students to be successful in life.
- The availability of resources to support student learning.
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
Parent Survey Results: F.R. Haythorne Jr. High RESULTS REPORT
Click on the link below for our virtual program.
Enjoy the show!
The Hawk's Nest
The Hawk's Nest is now open on Early Dismissal days.
Menu for week of:
School News View All
EIPS Board Approves New Policy: Responsible use of digital technology in schools
Posted on May 27 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) Board of Trustees has approved a new policy regarding cellphones. Policy 24, Personal Communication Devices, passed at a regular Board Meeting on May 22, 2019, outlines how students…
EIPS Junior High Students Come Together in a Celebration of Theatre
Posted on May 14 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — Media, families and community members are invited to join junior high students from Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) as they perform in the second annual EIPS Shoebox Theatre Show at Ardrossan Junior Senior…
EIPS Students Take Science to the Next Level at Young Scientist Conference
Posted on May 10 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 100 junior high scientists from across Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) are getting the opportunity to dive into a variety of hands-on science activities during the 2019 Young Scientist Conference…