Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
This year’s annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon – sponsored by the FR Haythorne Parent Council, will be held on June 5 from 11:30am to 2pm. In order to make this event happen, we are asking parents for help with the following:
- Donations to cover the cost of the luncheon and to purchase a small give of appreciation for each of the teaching staff (50). Please drop off cash donations to the FRH Office.
- Donations of following food items to be dropped off on the morning of June 5 at FRH:
- Veggie Tray
- Fruit Tray
- Meat/Cheese tray
- Crackers and dip
- Need 5 parents to help with set up, serving and clean up on June 5 between 10:30am and 2:00pm.
To either donate a food item, or volunteer to help with this event, please email email@example.com by May 29 and identify whether you will be volunteering or donating a food item, and what the food item is, and your contact information.
Thanks for your help in recognizing our amazing teachers for the great work that they do with our children!
Robin Butterworth, Chair – FRH Parent Council
School Council Resource Guide
Please click here to read the School Council Resource Guide
F.R. Haythorne School Council 2018-19
Staying connected to the school is important in supporting your child through the Junior High years and School Council is just one way for parents to do so.
School Council is made up of parents, staff and community representatives who work together for the best interest of students. Being involved in school council provides parents with an opportunity to support student learning by gaining an understanding of what is going on within the school. Parents also share a perspective with the school principal so decisions are made that reflect the beliefs and values of students, staff and parents.
Your involvement in School Council can be as simple as attending one or more meetings scheduled throughout the year; reading updates in the monthly school newsletter; responding to invitations to share your views; taking a position on the executive and/or reading our Principal Reports and School Council minutes. The minutes will be distributed via "The Hawk's View", a weekly emailed school bulletin, and will be posted below. Other information which may be shared via email will be:
- agendas in advance of the upcoming meeting,
- invitations to special evenings for parents,
- other information that would be of interest to parents of FRH and
- opportunities to provide input at any time on school events, issues or any matters of importance to parents, students and staff.
School Council Meeting Minutes
Link to the EIPS community of School Councils (COSC)
FR Haythorne Parking/Stopping Zones
Effective April 5, 2016, FR Haythorne, along with Strathcona County and the RCMP have revised our parking/stopping guidelines. Please review the map of our new traffic management.